Whilst we work in a number of different ways with children, adolescents and adults we promise to always be respectful, creative and find a way that works for you.
Children and Adolescents
We know that growing up can be hard sometimes. It can be helpful to talk to someone outside of your family if something is getting in the way of you enjoying life to the full. You might have been experiencing difficulties such as:
- Low self-esteem
- Low mood or feeling unhappy
- Getting worried, panicky or anxious
- Having problems in your family
- Living with a health condition
- Having to do something in a certain way or a certain number of times to make it feel okay
It would be helpful for one of us to initially meet with you to understand the difficulties you are facing. We would explore how it affects you at home, at school, with your friends and think about how they can best help you. It would also be helpful to meet one of your parents or guardians, and you could bring a friend if that would help you feel more comfortable. Together we would decide if it is best to work with you individually or if working with you and your parent/guardian would be better.
We understand that life can be challenging in a variety of different ways. Sometimes people need space to be heard and supported to understand and work through the difficulties they face. We hope that through this work, using a variety of models tailored to fit your needs, we can support you to maximise your strengths and resilience. We can work therapeutically with a range of difficulties including:
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Work stress
- Health problems
- Relationship issues
- Overcoming traumatic events
- Grief and loss
We would meet with you to get an understanding of the difficulties and to assess your current situation. Based on this information we would think together about what therapeutic approach may be best suited to you. We would also be happy to meet with members of your family or a partner if that would be helpful.
We understand that having a child can change your life and throw up challenges along the way that make it hard to feel like a “good enough parent”. We recognise that you are an expert about your child and your family situation. We invite you to bring that knowledge, together with our expertise in evidence-based strategies that have been shown to help parents and their children. In doing so we hope to create a winning team that helps you to move towards your goals. We acknowledge that there is not one “right” answer but we can work together to find strategies that fit you, your child and your family situation. We can work with a variety of difficulties including:
- Challenging behaviour and tantrums
- Sleeping and/or eating difficulties
- Relationship and communication difficulties
- Understanding and supporting children with learning or physical disabilities
We are experienced at working alongside and supervising other professionals. We understand that working in the helping professions can be stressful in itself and would be happy to meet with mental health professionals from a therapeutic perspective. We are able to offer:
- Supervision to mental health professionals or other clinical psychologists
- Therapies for trainee mental health workers
- Teaching, training and workshops
- Team building, managing changing circumstances, and building resilience for individuals, teams or groups.